ALL BATHERS ARE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW THESE RULES TO ENSURE EVERYONE’S SAFETY AND POOL CLEANLINESS
• A Cleansing shower MUST be taken before entering the pool. STATE LAW
• No one is allowed in the pool with an infectious or contagious disease. STATE LAW
• All bathers must enter and exit the pool area through the locker room entrances.
• Bathing suits are required, only swimmers with proper bathing attire will be admitted into the pool. No
cutoffs and/or long pants below the knees.
• Diving is NOT permitted in either pool. Back dives, flips, and/or twisting jumps are strictly prohibited.
• All strollers and car seats must be kept outside pool area. Parents must be within an arms length of nonswimmers
at all times.
• Parents of non-swimmers or whose children require the aid of a flotation device MUST accompany their
child in the pool.
• Children under the age of 9 must be supervised by adult in the pool area.
• Swim Diapers are required for children not yet toilet trained.
• No running on deck.
• Food, drinks, gum, glass containers or band-aids are not permitted in the pool or pool area.
• Dunking, pushing, throwing, wrestling, foul language or horseplay of any kind is not permitted in pools.
• Use of inflatable toys or rafts is prohibited.
• Please do not hang on the lane lines.
• Spitting in the pool or on the pool deck is not permitted.
• When 3 or more swimmers are in a lane, all swimmers within that lane must circle swim.
• Please use the lane that best fits your general speed.
• Kickboards and barbells may not be used during family swims, and may be limited at the lifeguards
discretion during times of high pool usage.
• Members and guests with the following conditions are advised to consult a doctor before use of the warm
pool- Low/High Blood Pressure, Cardiac Irregularities, Respiratory Problems and Pregnancy.
• Please be courteous to fellow swimmers.
• One long whistle blast means “EMERGENCY.” Please exit the pool.
POOL DEFINITIONS AND EXPLANATIONS
• Lap Swim: 13 years old and older. Must swim laps or water walking only.
• Open Swim: Open swimming is for families, children and/or adults.
• Circle Swim: Swimmers will be divided into lap lanes according to their respective pace (slow, medium,
and fast). Swimmers will then follow each other in their respective lanes in a circle. Please see lifeguard
• ½ and ½ : 2 lanes are designated for lap swim. 2 lanes are designated for open swim.
SAUNA & STEAM ROOM POLICIES
• You MUST be 18 years of age or older to use the Sauna and Steam Room.
• Use at your own risk.
• Members and guests with the following conditions are advised to consult a doctor before use of Steam
Room or Sauna- Low/High Blood Pressure, Cardiac Irregularities, Respiratory Problems and Pregnancy.
• Limit yourself to a maximum of 10 minutes.
• Allow yourself at least 5 minutes after exercising to cool down before entering.
• Do not put water on the sauna heater.
• After using sauna or steam room you MUST shower before entering the pool.
• No newspapers, magazines, or paper products are permitted in sauna.
• Wear, or sit on a towel to protect wood from perspiration.
• If you encounter a problem using the Sauna or Steam Room please alert staff immediately.
• Bathing suits or Gym attire must be worn inside the rooms. Attire must be appropriate for a family
• SNEAKERS and STREET SHOES ARE NOT PERMITTED IN EITHER ROOM.
GENERAL INFORMATION & RECOMMENDATIONS
• Pool set and lane configurations may change at the Aquatic Department’s discretion, depending on class
enrollment levels and total number of swimmers present.
• If you have any questions during your time in the Aquatics Center please see the lifeguard on duty for
• During times of high pool usage and based on activities running in the pools, the lifeguards reserve the right
to cap the number of swimmers in either pool. In the interest of safety you may be asked to wait before
being permitted to enter the water.
• The decision of the lifeguard is final. Lifeguards reserve the right to remove bathers that do not follow pool
• Cell phone use is permitted in lobby area ONLY!
***The pool schedule is subject to change without notice, although, we will make every effort to inform members of changes***